“In the morning sow your seed, And in the evening do not withhold your hand; For you do not know which will prosper, Either this or that, Or whether both alike will be good.” Ecclesiastes 11:3,4
I just love God’s Word! Read the passages above again dear ones. Read them slowly and prayerfully. Hear what God is saying to you and I today? “In the morning, sow your seed.” What seed is it that we are to sow? The seed of God’s Word. In the parable of the sower, Jesus said in Mark 4:14 “The sower soweth the word”. How does one sow the seed of God’s Word? By putting it into practice. Thus it is vital for us to sow the principles of God’s Word throughout the day.
- Begin by sowing time alone with The Lord in prayer and reading His Word. Perhaps taking a passage of Scripture to lay hold of throughout the day when our thoughts begin to wander into La La Land or to places when our affections are set on things below instead of things above (Col 3.1-5).
- Sowing seeds of hard work in our sphere of vocation for the glory of God. Sowing seeds of working as unto The Lord when that supervisor or company owner is anything less than godly (Eph 6.5-9).
- Sowing seeds of kind and gracious speech when others are trash-talking others or simply talking about trash! Sowing seeds of truth, life and hope into the ears and hearts of those who have yet to come to Christ as Lord (Eph 4.29-32).
- Sowing seeds of generosity instead of hoarding and greed (2 Cor 9.6-9).
- Sowing seeds of servant hood instead of selfishness (Mark 10.42-45).
Remember this principle beloved. Gal 6. 7 “Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. 8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. 9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.”
Because we tend to get weary in well doing (sowing to the Spirit), we are reminded by the Holy Spirit to not lose heart. Beloved, in spite of how you feel or what is going on around you, by the grace of God and power of The Holy Spirit, determine to sow the seed of God’s Word……you will never regret doing the right thing, and you never know what seed of obedience God will use to bless others and bring Him glory!