1 Cor 15.1-8 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.
There is great value in a Christian testimony. God is glorified in a life that has been transformed by the gospel. But my testimony is not the power of God unto salvation, the gospel of Jesus Christ is. As God’s Spirit opens the door to testify of Christ’s work in your life, speak boldly and make much of the Savior. But take note of the following truths:
- Fruit in my life is the testimony of Christ in my life. But the fruit in my life is not the gospel.
- Worship in my life is my response to the gospel, but my worship is not the gospel.
- Holiness is my life is because I am a new creature in Christ, but my holiness is not the gospel.
- Joy in my life is because I know I am forgiven, but my joy is not the gospel.
- Peace in my life is because God is in control, but my peace is not the gospel.
Jesus told us to go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. Your testimony may plant the seed of curiosity. Your testimony may cause someone to believe that you are not the same person you used to be. But only by hearing and believing the gospel does a person receive a new heart and forgiveness of sin. Thank God for your testimony, but go into all the world and preach the gospel.